We believe in serving the public with high quality, credible data and information. We strive to communicate effectively our rigorous research and make it relevant, meaningful, and accessible.
The Demographics Research Group consists of highly experienced and dedicated professionals who
- Produce the official population estimates and projections for the Commonwealth
- Develop the national population projections for 50 states
- Write and publish easy-to-understand articles on important demographic topics to inform and educate the public
- Provide consulting services and conduct contract projects for clients in government, business, and non-profit; we respond frequently to a wide range of data questions and media inquiries at national, state, and local levels
- Mentor and train students, helping improve their technical and communication skills.
Please feel free to contact us with your data needs. Let’s work together.
Please contact us if you are interested in contracting with us to conduct a custom-designed research project for your organization.
If you have a question about one of our data products - Virginia Population Projections, Virginia Population Estimates, Virginia School Enrollment Projections, or National Population Projections, please complete this data question form and we will respond within 2 business days. If you have other demographic data questions, please visit https://www.census.gov/