School-Age Population Estimates
The School Age Population Estimates are required by the Code of Virginia to distribute sales and use tax among the school divisions of Virginia. These data, produced annually by the Demographics Research Group, estimate the 5-19 year-old population of each school division and town in Virginia. In 2011, $1,121,088,942 of the 1.125% state sales tax was distributed to Virginia's 136 school divisions.
About the Data
The final school-age population estimates for July 1, 2012, and previous years, can be found in the "Data Table" links below.
Data and Methodologies
- One-click download of all files (ZIP)
includes data and methodologies for school divisions and towns
- Data Table | July 1, 2012 and past year estimates for school divisions
right-click and "Save link as" or "Save target as"
- Methodology for School Divisions (PDF)
- Data Table | July 1, 2012 and past year estimates for incorporated towns - right-click and "Save link as" or "Save target as"
- Methodology for Towns (PDF)
Review and Inquiry Period
- Read the latest protocols for the review and inquiry process.
Contact Dustin Cable: email@example.com | 434.982.3199 for questions or comments.